Do any of these sound like your child?
- She should be able to read in school by now—but she can’t
- He has learned to read a little, but isn’t advancing with his classmates
- She doesn’t understand that letters mean sounds
- He can’t blend sounds together to form a word
- She skips little words, or adds in words that make don’t make sense, and aren’t on the page
- He guesses instead of sounding out (decoding) words
- She stumbles, stops, loses her place, or starts over, again and again
- He mixes up letters that are similar, such as b, d, p, and q, and/or words such as was and saw
- It sounds like he reads very well—but doesn’t understand a word of it
- Reading at home is a daily battle between you and your kid . . . arguing, struggling, maybe even crying and tantrums
If any of these sound familiar, I know that you’re scared, upset and worried about your child’s future if his reading doesn’t improve—fast! And if this is your situation, I may be able to help your child through online tutoring. I’m a reading teacher who tutors American children using Skype, a video calling service that is free to you.
I offer a free session to parents who are sincerely looking for a reading tutor. See my FAQ for details.
If you’d like to learn about the experiences other parents have had with my services, read these reviews.
Let me know if you are interested in my tutoring services. Thanks for visiting.