Do any of these sound like your child?
- She should be able to read in school by now—but she can’t.
- He has learned to read a little, but isn’t advancing with his classmates.
- She doesn’t understand that letters mean sounds.
- He can’t blend sounds together to form a word.
- She skips little words, or adds in words that don’t make sense, and aren’t on the page.
- He guesses instead of figuring out the sounds(decoding) in words.
- She stumbles, stops, loses her place, or starts over, again and again.
- He mixes up letters that are similar, such as b, d, p, and q, and/or words such as was and saw.
- It sounds like he reads very well—but he doesn’t understand a word of it.
- Reading at home is a daily battle between you and your kid… arguing, struggling, maybe even crying and tantrums.
If any of these sound familiar, I know that you’re scared, upset and worried about your child’s future if his reading doesn’t improve—fast! And if this is your situation, I can probably help your child with online reading tutoring.
I only teach only students who live in North America. Time zone difficulties mean I can’t teach children from Europe, Asia, South America, or Africa.
I have 30+ years of experience with students who have reading problems, and have created new and innovative ways to teach any skill, time and time again. So I have a VERY large toolbox of methods to get past reading blocks. I do not teach in the usual ways parents are familiar with from their school experiences. I change things up.
I teach American children using Skype, a video calling service that is free to you.
If you’d like to learn about the experiences other parents have had with my services, read these recommendations from parents whose kids I have tutored.
If you are interested in having me help your child, tell me about your situation in the form below. It is totally private, and I’m the only one who will see it.
Thanks for visiting. Sending you and your child the best of wishes,
The Online Reading Teacher